Trouble shoot and investigate customer returned Industrial Computer products. Communicate with customer and supplier to resolve quality issues. Develops, evaluates, revises, and applies technical quality assurance protocols/methods to inspect and test in-process raw materials, production equipment, and finished products. Ensures activities and items are in compliance with both company quality assurance standards and applicable government regulations. Performs analysis and identifies trends in the inspection of finished products, in-process materials and bulk raw materials, and recommends corrective actions when necessary. Ensures that established manufacturing inspection, sampling and statistical process control procedures are followed. Assure compliance to in-house and/or external specifications and standards, such as ISO 9000 regulations. Evaluates and analyzes the efforts in organizing, documenting, and interpreting inspection support documents and records.
Essential Job Functions (include, but are not limited to the following):
- Conducts quality and failure analysis investigations of components, assemblies, and manufacturing processes utilizing quality problem solving techniques to improve product quality.
- Must be able to utilize electrical circuit schematics to trouble shoot.
- Performs engineering level failure analysis on customer returned units. Board-level and component-level debug experience is a must.
- Interface with suppliers & customer for all quality and process issues. Strong communication skill is required.
- Assist in on-going ISO 9000 compliance.
- Lead and perform supplier Internal Audit/Assessment Activities as required. Performs internal/ cross-functional audits.
- Participate in corrective/preventive actions required to assist in deploying root-cause solutions as needed.
- Responsible for managing supplier performance and supporting all supplier quality engineering activities.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on supplier performance to provide key performance information to management utilizing the Quarterly Supplier Performance Report process.
- Supports and performs Material Review Board (MRB) activities including the reporting process and weekly scheduled meetings.
- Identifies and drives the implementation of activities that standardize quality/business methods, measures and tools.
- Identifies and drives the implementation of activities that assure increasing quality skills/ competencies are deployed within the organization.
- Develop and monitor quality improvement plans.
- Assess supplier capabilities with an emphasis on technology, quality, and responsiveness.
- Analyze product returns, find root causes of the defects, develop and implement corrective actions to resolve product quality issues.
- Identifies and drives preventive / predictive improvement activities for key processes in order to meet / exceed business performance goals.
- Provide hands-on technical support to IQA, and work with IQA and suppliers to streamline the inspection process.
- Leads and mentors employees in the use of quality tools, techniques and methodologies to measure, monitor, report and improve business performance.
- Support new product introduction: identify, select and qualify new suppliers/commodities.
- Troubleshoot/resolve manufacturability issues on the procured products.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- BS Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
- The successful candidate will have 3-5 years of industry experience in failure analysis, test, and product improvement activities. Quality Engineering experience is desired. Knowledge in Agile PLM system, ISO QSM, multi-plant, international operations are desirable.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; regularly use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and hear; and doing things such as analytical work or reports, which requires focus, while utilizing a computer.
- Must be able to operate general office equipment.
- Physical stamina to stand, reach, bend, lift, grasp, and kneel.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive, and employees shall perform other duties as appropriate. Ampro ADLINK Technology, Inc. reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Ampro ADLINK Technology, Inc. is an EEO employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
Ampro ADLINK Technology, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail email@example.com or call toll-free +1-800-966-5200. This email and phone number is created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Welcome on Board!
ADLINK Technology, Inc.
6450 Via Del Oro, San Jose, CA 95119
Email to ADLINK Career
San Jose, California